- Are you an undergraduate or recent graduate?
- Are you feeling the pressure to find a job?
- Do you feel that pressure increasing as a result of the abundance of concern in the media and wherever else you look, perhaps even in your own mind, about the employability (or lack of employability) of graduates?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this is the book for you.
Written by Rachel Sumner, a champion of graduate employability who has worked with Business Schools all over the world to enhance their curriculum and who has also coached graduates to build their credibility and visibility in today’s labour market as well as exploring opportunities in entrepreneurship and consulting.
Kaplan’s Guide to Core Skills and Employability:
- Defines the key areas or skills that are widely regarded across a very broad spectrum of employers in the workplace as being critical to employability
- Will give you the opportunity, via a range of tools, to reflect on and learn from the experience you already have in these key areas
- Will help to build your confidence in your own employability
- Will help you to define and demonstrate your employability to prospective or current employers
- Will enable you to use the skills you acquired during your degree (and possibly from previous work and educational experience) to greater advantage in the workplace