Financial Management for Business
The Financial Management for Business (FMFB) course was developed by Metapraxis Ltd in partnership with The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and is a unique way of mastering the foundations of financial management. Through a series of interactive simulations and online self-tests, participants develop an intuitive understanding of financial management and new business skills that can be immediately applied in the workplace.
The course is split into 2 parts, each containing 9 interactive Business Simulation models.
The Basic Rules of Accounting
Improving Commercial Judgement
|Model 101 - Sales and receipts
||Model 201 - Price, volume and sales|
|Model 102 - A closed system
||Model 202 - Price sensitivity|
|Model 103 - A simple set of accounts
||Model 203 - Introducing product quality|
|Model 104 - Introducing costs
||Model 204 - Brand identity|
|Model 105 - Profit, assets and cash
||Model 205 - Markets and financial framework|
|Model 106 - Introducing stock
||Model 206 - Bankruptcy|
|Model 107 - Fixed assets
||Model 207 - External events|
|Model 108 - A retailer's accounting framework
||Model 208 - Competitive challenge|
|Model 109 - The critical financial flows
||Model 209 - Profit versus cash flow|
|Online tests for models 101 - 109
||Online tests for models 201 - 209 |
Each part is then followed up by
- Online Tests - included in the course price of £75 plus VAT per part
- Online Assessment - available at an additional cost of £25 plus VAT per part, or £40 plus VAT for a combined assessment.
Kaplan clients and students have access to these resources from 6 months of purchase which allows plenty of time for solid learning and refreshing as appropriate.
Finally, for any purchase of Part 1, Part 2 or both, Kaplan customers will receive a copy of 'Financial Management for Business: Cracking the Hidden Code' by Robert Bittlestone (published by Cambridge University Press) on which the principles behind the course were originally conceived.
Buy Part 1 - Financial Accounting or Part 2 - Improving Commercial Judgement now
Who is the course suitable for?
The course provides an entirely new way of understanding the foundations of business financial management, and so individuals from all stages of their careers are benefiting from this new learning technique.
- Allows non-relevant trainees to make a head start in learning accountancy and business in relaxed environment
- Allows relevant trainees (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) to check that their underlying accountancy knowledge is sound before launching themselves into an accountancy qualification
- Useful for Training Managers of Kaplan clients as means of benchmarking the knowledge of their recently recruited relevant graduates and hence as an on boarding tool for corporate graduate trainees about to start a graduate entry programme alongside a Kaplan course
- Would allow a trainee who is uncertain about whether to go into “finance” to work their way through the modules before registering with any accountancy body – so if they decide it’s not for them they have avoided registration fees etc. Trainees who are torn between different accountancy qualifications could use the modules to determine whether they have a leaning to financial accounting (Part 1) or management accounting (Part 2)
- To allow potential employers to benchmark applicants against each other effectively using it as an assessment tools during the recruitment and selection phase
The nature of the learning tool is highly interactive and suitable for those who enjoy learning using elearning tools. The tests will ensure that the learning has been successful whilst not being aimed towards any particular exam or qualification. The online assessment is an optional add on but may prove useful to some learners. The assessment has been accredited by CIMA.
Click here to try out an FMFB model and find out more about the course.
Kaplan clients and students can buy each of these courses for the special discounted price of £75 plus VAT for each of the parts. The certified assessment is available to purchase from Metapraxis Ltd.
Order Part 1 - Financial Accounting or Part 2 - Improving Commercial Judgement
Find out more about the Financial Management for Business course at www.fm-fb.com